Friday, May 20, 2011

Numb

I think the reason Toru seems so calm, collected and cool to the other characters is that Kizuki's suicide has left him a little numb. He doesn't react the way a normal character would in the situations he's faced with. For example, when Midori tell's him she's willing to die in her home if it catches fire he just passively accepts it. Do you think this will affect him or that he'll continue to live as normally as he can?

1 comment:

  1. I think this has already affected him and he is just going to keep going with him. I think the Toru we see now will be the Toru we see throughout the rest of the book. I'm pretty sure he will try and change the way he acts towards certain situations but he will always think the exact same. Once you are like set on how you are supposed to act and think you are pretty much set for life.

    ReplyDelete