This be the spot for the homies Dj Nocturnal, Potter crazy beezy, J Squad, & Chipmunk. Only the real thugs come to thug mansion, we need a spot were we can kick it. A spot where we belong. Where thugs get in free & you gotta be a G.
Friday, May 6, 2011
Norwegian Wood
Do you guys think that the way Haruki Murakami set up the book so that the main character is in the airplane thinking about the past is effective in creating the scenario of the story? Like with the use of all the imagery and the flashbacks.
I think it does! After Kizuki commit suicide both Naoko and Toru choose to move out of town for college in an attempt to flee their past. Perhaps something else happens later on in the novel that makes him choose to abandon his life again? So far the book is one long memory, where Toru recalls the past so it seems fit that he'd start off that way. xoxo, ya girl tina
I agree Tina, I think it's definitely effective. He starts off by recalling back to 18 years prior to where he finds himself at that moment (in the plane) then goes into depth with various other memories, which show a sense of time change and nostalgia. Maybe he is running away from something, but I think he also misses a big portion of his past that he left behind.
I like it already! :D It's almost relatable....minus the part where we're not as old as he is and barely going to college. Hah.
I think it does! After Kizuki commit suicide both Naoko and Toru choose to move out of town for college in an attempt to flee their past. Perhaps something else happens later on in the novel that makes him choose to abandon his life again? So far the book is one long memory, where Toru recalls the past so it seems fit that he'd start off that way.
ReplyDeletexoxo, ya girl tina
Oooo I can sense Scandals coming up! (:
ReplyDeleteOoh girl, I hope we can handle this scandal!!
ReplyDeleteI agree Tina, I think it's definitely effective. He starts off by recalling back to 18 years prior to where he finds himself at that moment (in the plane) then goes into depth with various other memories, which show a sense of time change and nostalgia. Maybe he is running away from something, but I think he also misses a big portion of his past that he left behind.
ReplyDeleteI like it already! :D It's almost relatable....minus the part where we're not as old as he is and barely going to college. Hah.