Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Today I worked with roadies.

So far my job hunt has been unsuccessful but my sister was able to hook me up with a gig at a carnival for the weekend, starting today.

In case you're wondering what carnies are like I can give you a short description. They're like theater kids (which can be good if you yourself are a theater kid or bad if you're not a theater kid) but older, at the ripe age of 18 I was the youngest one there.

They all smoke, every single one of them.  I don't hate people that smoke, it's their right to do what they want but since everyone there smokes they go ahead and do it right in the middle of all the commotion forcing everyone else to inhale their second hand smoke. As you can imagine I was not a happy carnie.

I only worked 3 hours today, but they were 3 long hours of hard physical labor.

I won't get paid until the end of the weekend when all the work is done, so far I've got $20.

No comments:

Post a Comment